WE VALUE YOUR TRUST
The purpose of this policy is to describe the way that we handle your personal information. In this statement, we will outline how we collect, store, use and protect information that can be associated with you or another specific natural or juristic person, and can be used to identify you or that person (personal information).
This policy applies to you if you are:
- a visitor to our website; or
- a customer who has ordered or requested the goods or services that we provide.
THE PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US
Personal information includes:
- certain information that we collect automatically when you visit our website;
- certain information received on application for finance;
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily.
Common examples of the types of personal information, which we may collect, and process include
- identifying information - such as your name, date of birth, or identification number of any kind;
- contact information - such as your phone number or email address;
- address information - such as your physical or postal address; or
- demographic information - such as your gender or marital status.
- information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us; and
- information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board (because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy).
We also collect the following sensitive personal information:
- financial information - such as your bank account details;
- sensitive demographic information - such as your race or ethnicity. This is required by the credit bureaus;
- employment information.
We DO NOT collect sensitive personal information relating to:
- medical information - such as information about your physical or mental health;
- sexual information - such as information about your sex life or sexual orientation;
- your membership of a trade union; and
- beliefs - including your political or religious beliefs.
You may only send us your own personal information or the information of another data subject where you have their permission to do so.
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information we receive is used for processing applications, managing and updating your portfolio. We are required to disclose information to the credit bureaus on the financial behaviour of our customers. This is a requirement of the National Credit Act 34 of 2005.
Please read our cookies policy for information on how we use the information we receive from our website.
PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We value our clients and protecting your personal information is very important to us.
- Our information security management is in line with the international standard - ISO27001.
- We have invested substantially in being paperless as far as possible
- We have secured our networks and website for our protection and yours
- We have implemented secure access control measure to ensure that your information is kept safe (stored)
- We encourage engagement with our customers to ensure their information remains up to date and accurate
- We have implemented systems and procedures to ensure maximum protection of your personal information
- The right to be forgotten in POPI (Protection of Personal Information) only allows for deletion of personal information that is "inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out-of-date, incomplete, misleading or obtained unlawfully." We regularly scan our databases to ensure that our information is correct
- We shred all documents after the prescribed period of retention.
By accessing this website and/or using our services, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page. We will place notification of updates in a prominent place on this website and/or indicate the date that it was last updated. If you do not agree with the changes, then you must stop using the website or services. If you continue to use the website or our services, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
TALK TO US
REQUEST UPDATES TO YOUR INFORMATION
If you would like to view or update your information, please contact us at [email protected]
The right to be forgotten in POPI (Protection of Personal Information) allows for deleting of personal information that is "inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out-of-date, incomplete, misleading or obtained unlawfully."
We regularly scan our databases to ensure that our information is correct.
Centrafin welcomes any user and customer feedback on how we might improve or better the site and service we offer. It is our policy to acknowledge and respond to all customer feedback. Contact us at [email protected]